My mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment which allows you to understand and transform the challenges in your life.
Along my own path of healing I have discovered the tools to help others create relationships that are more joyful, positive and full of life. For over 22 years now, I have been working with people to solve their challenges in life and to help them find the power and amazing abilities that have been inside them all along. I work with people who face challenges and setbacks in life as well as those who simply want to continue to strive for and enjoy ongoing growth and joy in their lives.
In psychotherapy, many approaches have great validity, however there is no one size fits all for us as humans. Because I believe that life's challenges are rarely simple I use a collective integrative approach using tools from a biopsychosocialspiritual perspective. Since we all deserve solutions tailored to meet our needs and to answer our questions, I prefer multiplicity which generally means drawing from a variety of resources. Together we create and find solutions to help you to develop the skills set and coping methods needed to heal and improve your quality of life and to create lasting change in your relationships with yourself and others.
My goal is to work through a collaborative relationship with you to help you uncover your maximum potential. I believe that our own resources lay hidden like a treasure inside of us but are not always within reach My job is to provide you with tools to try on and adapt to your life; tools can be sampled, taken for a spin and returned/adjusted/adapted until they work for your toolbox. My style is caring, direct, often humorous and uses a diverse out of the box group of resources within a professional and relaxed atmosphere.
My Areas of Specialization Include:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Eating and Body Concerns and Disorders
- Boundaries and Codependency Concerns
- Mindfulness/Meditation Training
- Adult Children of Alcoholic/Abuse Family Work
- Healing from Narcissistic Abuse
- Family Work
- Marriage and Couples
- EMDR Level II
- Flash Therapy
- Ericksonian Clinical Hypnosis
- Addiction and recovery issues
- Somatic healing/polyvagal informed therapy
- Stress management
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Certified
- Spiritual Concerns
- What's Your Story Experiential Adventures
- Finding Your Inner Badass (clinically speaking)
- The Equine Experience- Healing with Horses
- Body Acceptance Workshops
- Individually tailored intensives- jump-starting your recovery